Happy first day of school to some people out there! Today is my first day of high school and like most, I am very nervous/excited. Therefore, I decided to show what I keep in my locker year-round. These items are great for emergency fixes in-between classes. Everything I picked up happened to be mostly green/white, so I took photos on grass for an earthy theme. Also, I would like to note that my posting agenda will no longer be as frequent because I am currently working on my schedule. Hopefully, I will soon have regular day(s) of the week to publish posts.
This is a birds eye view of all my locker essentials, to better see the products. I will try and link each item to where you can purchase it, but most of these are easily found in Walmart, Target, etc.
10 Locker Essentials
1. Locker Stand ( Target ) - This mesh stand is perfect for those who have very tall lockers with no shelves. It folds up for storage, and is the perfect height for books and other school supplies.
2. Baskets for Storage - I am not quite sure where I found this, (maybe Michael's ?) but it is perfect for storage, and adds a small pop of color to your locker. Any small basket/box/bag works great for this scenario.
3. Tissues - These small packs of tissues can be found practically everywhere, and are the perfect size. Ideal for allergies, sickness, and if your crush sneezes.
4. Gum - By now, you have probably heard the old trick of keeping one empty pack of gum, and one full, so that you don't have to share. I find this very helpful, and keep gum in my locker and backpack, because you can never be too sure.
5. EOS lip balm - This honeydew flavor is now my OBSESSION. I love honeydew and this balm smells just like it. For those melon lovers, I highly recommend. Since we're on the topic of honeydew, I recently tried this recipe from pinterest and OH MY GOD, it is the best summer popsicle you will ever have. If you substitute honeydew with other melons, it still tastes amazing!
6. Hairbands - Are an absolute necessity for the school year. Even if you hate putting your hair up, ( like me ) you will most likely need one sometime during the school year. It is always nice to have extras, because they stretch out or break so often.
7. Dry Shampoo - I found this mini bottle of dry shampoo while peeking around the Christmas Tree Shops, and thought it was perfect for school. At the time of purchase, I did not think about school rules with aerosols, so I am not sure if it is usable in school yet.
8. Hand Sanitizer ( Target ) - I got this on sale for 99 cents, because clean hands are definitely a school essential. If you don't have time to wash your hands before/after lunch, a dollop of this does the trick. The aloe also keeps your hands from drying out too much.
9. Deodorant - This is not in mini form, although it is still a crucial for school. It can get quite stinky under there during the day and/or after P.E and sports. Having this can prevent your friends from keeping a distance.
10. Hairbrush - If you are anything like me, your hair is in tangles about 15 minutes after being brushed. In that case, a mini hairbrush will save your life. Keeping one in your gym bag is also helpful to brush down your ponytail after P.E.
I hope you enjoyed my 10 Locker Essentials! Please let me know if it is getting late for back-to-school posts, I'm very sorry, I just love them so much. Also, if you have any ideas of back-to-school or fall themed things you would like to see on the blog, please let me know in the comments.
Question of the Day:
EOS or Baby Lips?
A seventeen-year-old fashion obsessed girl, who stands just under 5 feet tall.