Time for another wordy post! This idea was inspired after I visited my town's fall festival today. Seeing everyone gather in downtown made me feel so happy. Therefore, I decided to create a small list explaining some of the other things that make the season worthwhile.
This one is pretty simple. Pumpkins are just amazing. You can never go wrong with anything flavored Pumpkin Spice (in my opinion). Pumpkin pie, pumpkin pancakes, pumpkin bread, pumpkin ice cream, etc. The ideas are endless with pumpkin. Going to Trader Joe's is pretty dangerous for me in the fall. I love the look of them too. Pumpkin flavored candles and soaps are my inner weakness. Plus, who doesn't love carving out one for Halloween?
2. Fall colors
Maroon, dark purple, dark orange, dark green, gold, etc. My nails are pretty much painted maroon/gold the entire season. I prefer fall colors in clothing as opposed to spring pastels. The colors of leaves everywhere is pretty amazing. Seeing the tree lined streets make me smile. I love to take pictures with my friends jumping in the leaves!
3. Not to hot, not to cold
Fall is one of those in between seasons. It is not boiling hot, like summer, and it is not freezing, like winter. Plus, it doesn't have the added spring allergies. I know some people have fall allergies, but there tends to be less people than in spring. Personally, my allergies get pretty bad around March-April. Hence, fall is the best mid-range weather of the year because I'm not spending it with my face in a tissue. You can cozy up in a jeans + sweater and be warm.
4. TV shows
Waiting for the new season of any show can be hard through summer, but once fall comes, everything is back on. I love getting to watch all my favorite shows, and it's sad they don't run in the summer. Additionally, many new shows come on which can also be exciting. That being said, fall is great when the season premiere of Once Upon a Time comes on. (who's excited??)
5. Vegetables ( and Fruits)
Although I already listed Pumpkin as it's own point, a lot of other amazing vegetables come out in the fall. My favorite time of the year for fruits would be summer, because I'm a berry/melon lover. But in the fall, all of the squashes come out. My favorite kind of squash is acorn sqash. I also love spaghetti squash as a pasta base. Sweet potatoes, ginger, apples. figs and more add food excitement to fall.
That is it for my favorite things about fall. Let me know in the comments what you love (or hate) about fall time. Also, let me know if I'm not the only who thinks about these months as: September, Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas. I'm thinking about writing a fall bucket list, so that might be coming up in the future. Have a great week and an amazing start to fall!
So far on this blog, I have never sat down to write a post for you. One without pictures, planning, or prep. I thought I would tackle my first one on a very touchy subject for me: making friends.
I have been educated at 2 different elementary schools, 2 middle schools, and 1 high school ( so far ). I have lived in 2 countries, and 4 states within the U.S. As you can tell, my life has consisted of many, many moves. With these transfers arises the reality of having to make new friends, join new programs, and start a new life. Over the years, one might think I have developed a strong personality that isn't afraid of new people. That is false. I am honestly a very shy person. It averagely takes me 6 months to a year in order to make new friends. I wanted to share with you today some tips and tricks for meeting new people. Even if you aren't brand new somewhere, you can use this info to meet someone who you've never had the courage to walk up to; or say 'hey' to someone who always seemed nice, but you never got to know.
First things first: be confident. No matter if you are immensely shy or not, your confidence should radiate towards your greeter, giving them the courage to converse back. This step is sincerely the hardest for me, because self-deprecation takes over. Don't let the scenarios in your head stop you. The person you are about to meet is most likely nicer than you picture them.
Secondly, don't be too clingy. When first making friends, don't just find one person and follow them everywhere. Make sure you meet multiple people in different social groups in order to find the people that fit you most. Often times, I have just stuck side-by-side with my buddy, and after a few weeks I realized her and her friends had nothing in common with me, leaving me again, at the start.
And lastly, be yourself. The most important thing is to be yourself when meeting someone new. If it was meant to be, you will connect before you even know each others name. It is hard on yourself and others if you act as a different person. Being true to who you are makes you happier as a person. You don't have to be super-cool, or a sports player, or an academic. You just have to be yourself.
I truly hope you enjoyed this (more wordy) post. If this helped you, please, please, please let me know in the comments so I can focus more of my blog time on posts like these. Let me know if you relate to my situation, maybe we can become friends ! ( You can also let me know even if you don't relate, I love you all. ) Life has been very busy the first week of school, so I think I will be lessening my posts to 1-2 times a week. I hope this is okay for all of you!
Question of the Day:
Shy or outgoing?
Happy first day of school to some people out there! Today is my first day of high school and like most, I am very nervous/excited. Therefore, I decided to show what I keep in my locker year-round. These items are great for emergency fixes in-between classes. Everything I picked up happened to be mostly green/white, so I took photos on grass for an earthy theme. Also, I would like to note that my posting agenda will no longer be as frequent because I am currently working on my schedule. Hopefully, I will soon have regular day(s) of the week to publish posts.
This is a birds eye view of all my locker essentials, to better see the products. I will try and link each item to where you can purchase it, but most of these are easily found in Walmart, Target, etc.
10 Locker Essentials
1. Locker Stand ( Target ) - This mesh stand is perfect for those who have very tall lockers with no shelves. It folds up for storage, and is the perfect height for books and other school supplies.
2. Baskets for Storage - I am not quite sure where I found this, (maybe Michael's ?) but it is perfect for storage, and adds a small pop of color to your locker. Any small basket/box/bag works great for this scenario.
3. Tissues - These small packs of tissues can be found practically everywhere, and are the perfect size. Ideal for allergies, sickness, and if your crush sneezes.
4. Gum - By now, you have probably heard the old trick of keeping one empty pack of gum, and one full, so that you don't have to share. I find this very helpful, and keep gum in my locker and backpack, because you can never be too sure.
5. EOS lip balm - This honeydew flavor is now my OBSESSION. I love honeydew and this balm smells just like it. For those melon lovers, I highly recommend. Since we're on the topic of honeydew, I recently tried this recipe from pinterest and OH MY GOD, it is the best summer popsicle you will ever have. If you substitute honeydew with other melons, it still tastes amazing!
6. Hairbands - Are an absolute necessity for the school year. Even if you hate putting your hair up, ( like me ) you will most likely need one sometime during the school year. It is always nice to have extras, because they stretch out or break so often.
7. Dry Shampoo - I found this mini bottle of dry shampoo while peeking around the Christmas Tree Shops, and thought it was perfect for school. At the time of purchase, I did not think about school rules with aerosols, so I am not sure if it is usable in school yet.
8. Hand Sanitizer ( Target ) - I got this on sale for 99 cents, because clean hands are definitely a school essential. If you don't have time to wash your hands before/after lunch, a dollop of this does the trick. The aloe also keeps your hands from drying out too much.
9. Deodorant - This is not in mini form, although it is still a crucial for school. It can get quite stinky under there during the day and/or after P.E and sports. Having this can prevent your friends from keeping a distance.
10. Hairbrush - If you are anything like me, your hair is in tangles about 15 minutes after being brushed. In that case, a mini hairbrush will save your life. Keeping one in your gym bag is also helpful to brush down your ponytail after P.E.
I hope you enjoyed my 10 Locker Essentials! Please let me know if it is getting late for back-to-school posts, I'm very sorry, I just love them so much. Also, if you have any ideas of back-to-school or fall themed things you would like to see on the blog, please let me know in the comments.
Question of the Day:
EOS or Baby Lips?
Firstly, I am very sorry that the pictures are so dark, the lighting was horrible today. I am still looking for a good photo editor too, so I left them as they were. Otherwise, this is my August Favorites. I hope you find it is a good mixture of items, and not just beauty products. Let me know in the comments what your favorite products were this summer!
Although these sweets look very Christmas-y, they are always in my purse. The best part is they have absolutely no sugar, and aren't bad for your teeth, Instead of small pills (like Altoids), they are shaped like someone cut off pieces of a big ice block, which is pretty cool. Highly recommend.
Ever since I was a little kid, I have had dry skin. I know for a fact that a lot of people have chicken skin, which are those little, hard bumps around the body. It is most commonly located on the back parts of you arm. This skin cream has cleared away most of my bumps, which is very impressive. The skin calming effect is very nice for people who have irritated skin. I also found that it was not to thick or thin, but the perfect consistency.
To me, dry shampoo is a necessary product for every time of the year. Summer time is most important because the heat can make your hair sweaty + oily a lot faster. I usually buy the Herbal Essences Naked Dry Shampoo , but it was out of stock last time, so I purchased this. Both seem to work equally well, although I prefer the sent of Herbal Essences.
I have been using Burt's Bees lip products for as long as I can remember, and this lip balm is one of their best products. The balm gives you smooth, healthy looking lips, and lightly tints it . This is in the shade Rose. What I love about Burt's Bees is everything is all natural and made in the U.S.A. What originally drew me to the product was actually the packaging, but I am glad I picked it up.
Should've Been Us - Tori Kelly
My favorite song for the month of August (though it was hard to pick) is Should've Been Us by Tori Kelly. Jam outs in the car generally seem to be this song. I love Tori and think she is a very talented artist, especially how she doesn't hide her curls. That is a big statement for many people who straighten/curl they're hair everyday.
That's a wrap for my August 2015 favorites. I hope you enjoyed it, let me know in the comments if any of these were your favorite too. Sorry again for the lighting in these pictures! I'll try and prevent it from happening again.
Question of the Day:
Your August Favorites?
A seventeen-year-old fashion obsessed girl, who stands just under 5 feet tall.