Do you ever find that your clothes are always wrinkly on vacation? Do you find it hard to separate your clean and dirty clothes? Is your suitcase a mess? Well do I have a solution for you! The only thing you will need to make your travelling experience a whole lot easier are some ziploc bags! Below I will walk you through my experience using this method and how I organized everything.
First things first, gather everything that you plan on packing, outfit by outfit. Then, place each outfit, pajama, or other day's worth of clothing that you plan on wearing in its own ziploc bag, make sure all the air is out, and close it up. By air locking the bags, it will prevent any wrinkles from occurring before you wear your outfit. You can also add a dryer sheet to keep your clothes smelling extra nice. This would include, top, bottom, undergarments, etc. You do not have to put anything you will be wearing more than once in a bag, such as jackets, shoes, jeans etc. Since I was heading to a warmer climate, I packed light, so it was super easy to fit everything in a plastic bag. I do not know how difficult it would be to pack this method for colder climates, because the clothing tends to be bigger and thicker.
Next up is placing your plastic bags in your suitcase! I put everything I might wear more than once folded and off to one side, and stacked the plastic bags tightly next to each other. If you know the order that you are going to wear each outfit, feel free to stack them in that order! However, I just stacked mine according to day and night clothing. In order to fit everything, I put smaller outfits, such as bags with only tee-shirts, on the side.
Here is what my bag looked like fully packed! It may look like it is overflowing, but if you look at the picture below, my suitcase was able to close with plenty of room. Some say that this method allows you to pack more, but I would say, based off previous experiences, that it packed around the same as my usual method of folding. I left the tops of the bags up for easy pull-out when I needed an outfit.
My overall thoughts:
Personally, I liked this method more than my usual method of packing. This is for the following reasons:
1. I am too lazy to put my clothes in a closet or drawers when I get to my destination.
2. Due to number 1, my suitcase always ends up in havoc by the end of a trip.
3. My clothes smelled fresh everyday, despite me putting my dirty clothes right back in the suitcase (because everything was bagged)
4. Since I put each outfit I wore back in the bag and suitcase every night, It did not take any time to re-pack my suitcase at the end of the trip, because everything was already in place from the previous days.
5. My clothing had no wrinkles!
Because of all of the above, I would recommend trying out this method to everyone, UNLESS:
1. You like to take your clothes out and organize them when you get to your destination. Plastic bags may just be a hassle then.
2. You do not like to plan out your outfits ahead! I often like to pack generic so I can mix and match clothing when I arrive, but this time around I had to pack each outfit in advance.
3. You are travelling to colder climates and your clothing simply does not fit in plastic bags
All in all, my experience using ziplock bags is one that I enjoyed, and I will definitely use this method again!
I hope that this post helped you in packing for your next trip. If you want to try/have tried out this method, let me know in the comments below your thoughts! Or, if you have a personal favorite method of packing, I would love to hear it so I could try it out. I hope that you have a great week!
A seventeen-year-old fashion obsessed girl, who stands just under 5 feet tall.